Web Froms: How to Create an Internal Form (for a Telethon, Radiothon, or Conference)
Overview for Using an Internal Form
Capturing donor information during events like a telethon, radiothons or conferences, can be a great and easy way to build your donor base. In order to support your organization creating this type of form is much like creating any other type of form, however there are a few configurations that will need to be made when creating your form. These adjustments are needed to ensure 'auto populating' or 'auto filling' does not impact donor contact entry and avoids transactions being identified as fraud for payment transactions.
For assistance on creating a donation form, read this article.
Creating an Internal Form - Collecting your Volunteer's Name for Tracking
Best Practice: CharityEngine also suggest adding a text field for the volunteer to enter the volunteer's name. This will allow your organization to track who took the donor phone call and processed the transaction.
- To do this, navigate to the Online App > Web Forms > Search & Manage > Actions > Manage (for identified web forms) > Layout tab.
- Click on Add Custom Section to expose the following popup box
- Add a Label and click SAVE
Next, add a field to your new custom section
- Click the "+" button to add a field to the section
- Name the field and select Text as the type.
- Click CREATE FIELD
Creating an Internal Form - Leveraging Headers and Footers for Volunteer Scripting
Leveraging the header and footer section is a great way to add reminders, scripts or other important information for your volunteers.
- Navigate to Online App > Web Forms > Search & Manage > Actions > Manage (for identified web form) > Content tab > Landing tab
- Navigate to the Top Content (and/or Bottom Content) to include custom message or instructions for your volunteers
Creating an Internal Form - Creating a Clear Button for Easier Usage by Volunteers
The first configuration that will need to be made when creating a form for a telethon, or other internal form, is to enable a clear button to ensure the donor information is cleared once the call has ended with the volunteer. This will prevent the volunteer from mistakenly inserting the wrong donor information into the form.
- Navigate to Online App > Web Forms > Search & Manage > Actions > Manage (for identified web form) > Content tab
- Navigate to the Content tab of your form and check the Show Clear Button box
Now, when the call has ended with the donor, the volunteer will be able to click the Clear button and the previous donor’s information will no longer be displayed.
Creating an Internal Form - Clearing Cookies
Next you will need to make a configuration that will clear the cookies to ensure that donor information is not saved and will not populate when the volunteers begins to take the next new donor's information.
- Navigate to Online App > Web Forms > Search & Manage > Actions > Manage (for identified web form) > Advanced > Developer
- To prevent donors information from being save the information, uncheck Enable Cookie Prepopulate.
Creating an Internal Form - Easy Form Reset
The next configuration that you will want to make is adding a link to the success page that will send the volunteer back to the beginning of the form. This will save time when taking calls and provide an easy way for the volunteers to navigate back simply and quickly.
- Navigate to Online App > Web Forms > Search & Manage > Actions > Manage (for identified web form) > Content > Success tab
- Click Show Link Button (to display a button)
- Click Link Button Redirect (to initiate a redirect)
- Enter name of button in Link Button Label
- Enter link in Link Button Link (this is typically your form's URL)
- Click SAVE to secure changes
You can also view your Success Page by clicking View Success Page
Creating an Internal Form - Setting Trusted IPs
The next configuration that you will need to have is use to restrict who can use your internal form. This includes the ability for you to limit the form accessibility to only those IPs you have approved.
- Navigate to Online App > Web Forms > Search & Manage > Actions > Manage (for identified web form) > Advanced > Security tab > Fraud tab
- Click Enable Trusted IP List Lock Down
- Click Exclude Traffic from Fraud Screening to prevent transactions from this form to be flagged for potential fraud. Enable this option will be necessary as you will have several users with similar IPs using the same form repetitively.
- Next, add your Whitelisted IPs by navigating to:
- Confirmation App > Security > IP Access List > Create New
- From here, enter your internal IP address(es)
- De-select All Web Forms to select a specific web form
- Set an expiration date for the IP Whitelisting (note - times listed in EST)
- Check to Exclude from Fraud Screening
- Click SAVE
Once all these configurations have been made as well as other basic form configurations, you will be able to make your form active and allow your volunteers to take donations from donors who have called in.
Frequently Asked Questions & Further Reading
Q. How do get started building a new donation form?
A. For assistance on creating a donation form, read this article.