Large Data Set - Listing Screen Exports
Definition: Large data sets on CharityEngine listing screens are defined as any record count over 100,000. Any data pull that exceeds this amount is not available to download via Report Builder. Here is a common message received when attempting to export large data sets:
Workflow: To overcome the record count on large data sets, CharityEngine best practice is to use our import/export tool.
- Save the large data set in Report Builder.
- Export via the CharityEngine Import/Export module.
- Exporter workflow: https://help.charityengine.net/Default.aspx?ssid=1361&NavPTypeId=9376
- Report Builder: https://help.charityengine.net/Default.aspx?ssid=1361&NavPTypeId=9867
Instructions:Save the large data set with Report Builder: With the listing screen filters set and the data set on screen, click the Report Builder Icon. Located on the top right-hand side of the screen:
With Report Builder on screen:
- Name the Report
- Select all available columns
- Confirm, move, rename selected columns
- Click Save
Export via CharityEngine Import/Export Module: Located here in CharityEnigne, Automation & Workflow > General > Import/Export: CharityEngine: Import/Export Jobs
From the Import/Export module, click the Create New button (top right-hand corner) and select Export.
Search for your Report Builder report you just created. In my case the Contact Report.
Continue to follow the CharityEnigne best practice for exporting using this document below:
https://help.charityengine.net/Default.aspx?ssid=1361&NavPTypeId=9376 (Begin at step 2)