Batch entries of transactions are a great benefit to your organization. This functionality will allow a user within your organization to enter offline transactions in bulk and in similarly grouped tender types or like campaign initiatives. This feature allows your end user for simple and efficient entry of offline transactions. Customization and set-up of your organization’s batching template can be completed in a few simple steps.
- Capture repetitive data fields that may be needed for your organization’s batch entry.
- Note, your organization can create more than one batch template.
Instructions: Creating your batch template (configuration)
Step 1: Begin by navigating to the Configuration App > Transactions > Batch The first step is to set up a new batch template which can be done by navigating to Configuration > Transactions > Batch > Create New > Template.
Step 2: Under the General tab:
- Name: Add the batch Name (required)
- Active: Yes (default)
Step 3: Navigate to the Fields tab, enable any required fields you would like to display by toggling the different fields. Click SAVE to secure changes.
- Note: While there are a variety of fields available for your end user to enter, please note the fields that are listed as Required vs. Entry only. If ‘required’ is selected, your end user will need to add that value for all transactions enter.
- Supporting Fields of Note:
- Show Payment Frequency – toggle to yes to allow input of one time & sustaining/recurring payments
- Show Campaign – toggle to yes to allow entry of and attribution for campaign initiatives
- Show Custom Fields – toggle to yes to allow entry of custom fields of a transaction record
Step 4: Navigate to the Advanced tab if you are leveraging a scanner mode. This is also beneficial for settings of direct mail identifiers.
Instructions: Creating a batch form for data entry
Step 1: Once your template is created, a transaction batch can now be entered by navigating to the Donations app > Transactions > Enter Batches > Create New
Step 2: Under the General tab, enter:
- Name – enter or modify the name of your batch (default/required)
- Deposit Date – enter the date in which the transactions will be entered
- Note: there is also an option under Advanced tab to Update Deposit Date
- Enforce # of Rows/Amount
- If enforced, enter # Transactions & Total Amount
- Template - Select your Template (as created above)
- Payment Type – payment method to be applied for this batch (i.e. credit card, check)
- Optional selections also include:
- Tax Deductible
- GL Code (general ledger code)
- Response Channel
Step 3: Navigate to the Defaults tab, for additional attribution assignments including Fund and Campaign Initiative
Step 4: Navigate to Acknowledgement tab to assign acknowledgement preferences including selection of receipt templates or acknowledgement templates
Step 5: Navigate to the Advanced tab for additional options including:
- Select a deposit account (if integrating with QuickBooks)
- Leverage Synced for tracking
- Region (if applicable)
- Processor – useful if your organization has payment entries for 501c3 vs. 501c4
- Overwrite Contacts – if you want to allow your user to overwrite the contact information of a contact record
- Gift Date – useful for backdating needs, for example for end of year gift processing
Step 6: Select SAVE to secure your batch and prepare to enter your batch transactions.
Instructions: Entering your batch
Step 1: Once your template is created, a transaction batch can now be entered by navigating to:
- Using the green bar from above, “Click here to enter payments”
- Or navigate using the drop down arrow from the SAVE option above to select Transactions
- Or navigate to the Donations App > Transactions > Enter Batches > ACTIONS: Transactions
Step 2: Begin transaction entry by clicking ADD ROW for additional rows (if not pre-set), leverage Amount drop down to see options for one time or sustainer payments.
Step 3: Once all donations have been entered, you will need to Process your batch. Navigate to SAVE and leverage the drop down to access the Process option.
Step 4: You will receive a confirmation acknowledgement - click OK to proceed, or Cancel to continue entering transactions.
Step 5: Once the processing has completed, you will receive a green confirmation bar with the ability to click through to view your transactions
- If you elect to review the transactions, you will be redirected to the transaction listing screen. Each transaction will be assigned a batch id - you will also see the Campaign Initiative assignment (if appropriate), type of payments, amounts, transaction IDs, contacts, and other attribution details.
Instructions: Post Entry Activities
Transactions: To view transactions within a batch you can navigate to
- Donations App > Transactions > Enter Batch > locate batch id > ACTIONS: Transactions
- Or Donations App > Transactions > Search & Manage > Advanced Search > Payments > Batch ID (or Batch Start/Batch End Date)
Acknowledgements: To initiate a bulk acknowledgement to your donors, you can navigate to
- Donations App > Transactions > Enter Batch > locate batch id > ACTIONS: Send Acknowledgements > using the check box to select all (or select transactions) > use the down arrow to click Acknowledge
- Complete your acknowledgement/receipt selections and templates and click NEXT to proceed
- Verify your send and click NEXT
- Click on PROCESS to proceed
Reporting: Capture reporting summary for batch entry
- Navigate to Donations App > Transactions > Enter Batch > locate batch id > ACTIONS: Print Summary > using the check box to select all (or select transactions) > use the down arrow to click Acknowledge
FAQs & Additional Reading