CharityEngine provides an easy way to focus on the opportunities created in the CharityEngine CRM. Opportunities are CharityEngine’s moves management functionality. They are used to track progress with major donor asks, grant proposals, or any other contacts that you want to follow a specific workflow. Opportunities are a way for major gift officers to see how their major gift ask/relationship is coming along. Opportunities can be created for an organization and individual people. Simple tracks like this one make it easy to keep track of a portfolio and have the activities and steps involved with soliciting and cultivating reflect the fluidity of working with individual major donors. The following article is designed to walk you through the configuration and set up of your organization's moves management cycle.
There are a few prerequisites that will be required prior to usage of the Opportunities feature within CharityEngine.
- Business decisions for overall structure
- Track: Identify the name of your moves management track(s) - this could include examples such as Federal Grants, Major Donors
- Stages: What are the key stages your organization defines in a donor gift life cycle - examples could include Identification > Cultivation/Solicitation > Stewardship
- For Major Gift Officer reporting, consider what probability of a 'Win' should be assigned to each stage - this will be important for forecasting reports
- Steps: At each stage, what activity is best suited for your donor population - consider activities such as email, phone call, in person meeting, personal note
- Identification and set up of organizational solicitors
- Set up of solicitors will be a critical first step when establishing your major gift cycle. This article will assist in the definition of solicitor types and how to establish a contact as a solicitor. We recommend users have CharityEngine contact records established for each organizational solicitor prior to establishing.